So I have been watching the progress of the stock plants for about 3 weeks now. They are definitely growing. Most plants have grown 6- 7 new leaves.
The space that they are in is cool 50 degrees, not optimal for flower growth. But I am not in a rush either. My other option would be to raise them up off the floor to raise the temps. In this cool environment air circulations very important so I have raised the crates up off the floor about 1/2 and fun a oscillating fan constantly. The fan also aids in strengthening the plants.
I have also moved my pre-sprouted ranunculus & anemones down there. The ranunculus are very happy. The anemones I am having rot issues with but this is related to fungus not light. Its an on going problem with some verities. My ranunclus are out growing there cells so I am going to have to get them in the cold frame here soon. Unfortunately
We are experiencing a colder winter then usual. With night temps any were from 20 to 0 meaning I need a heat source, which is not very cost effective. I ran into this issue last year and ran a heat cord on the ground and kept them covered with row cover. It worked well. I just don’t like wasting electricity.
The LED are totally working to sustain growth. I will keep you posted as the experiment continues . But come March first I will be able to move the stock into the hot house. As I start seeding in there and turn the heat on. Though depending I might push it back a week as the cost of propane is $4 a gallon, this winter due to shortages. I can use my in house LED grow bench and LED basement set up to start and sustain already started seedlings.
Stay posted for more on the colored LED experiment!